Sunday, February 10, 2008

The first birthday

Ok... so it's been almost 6 months since Tristan's birthday... but it still boggles my mind... how in a mere 12 months we can have a person transform from a teeny, tiny (ish) beautiful little baby...

... to this unbelieveably gorgeous little boy who can run, talk, eat with cutlery, sign (yes, sign language) a whole whack load of words and whose energy and vivacity fills our days with joy... and who was already in dire need for a hair cut (we thought we'd celebrate his birthday by getting it done!) My goodness how time flies...
We went to First Choice (they give you a certificate... oooh!) for the big event:
And here we have a list of things we have learned Tristan was not impressed with (but tolerated just for us):
1: Getting head sprayed right after nap time... "where's my water to spray back???"
2. Having a wet head after nap time... 3. Having a strange lady play with my hair ("what is she doing??? Does she not realize I JUST WOKE UP???")
4. Having things falling on my face (aka - hair pieces)... it tickles... hey! There's a monkey on this thing!
5. The air blower thingy that Mamma teases me with... 6. Not getting that mowhawk that I asked for... well... Mamma says I look handsome so I guess that's okay...
Tada! One short/even haired baby/toddler... so handsome :)



Dadda was working at Dell when Tristan turned one, and had a night shift, so he missed out on birthday dinner at the abuelo's... the highlight of the dinner.... CAKE!
Trying to eat his piece without making too big a mess.... Oh whatever... it's chocolate!!!
And a couple of days later (when Dadda was not working at night) we had yummy carrot cake (with cream cheese icing!) for a second, little more intimate birthday celebration...

Next... the birthday party!

No comments: