Monday, January 15, 2007

Splishing and splashing around...

So we've got good news, and we've got bad news...

Good news: Tristan will never have any problems going to pool parties when he's older...
Bad news: Tristan might have some problems leaving pool parties!

Ladies and gentlemen, our little boy is a merman (or is it merbaby? I don't know...) :-)

We finally had our first swimming class on Friday, and with his swimming diaper and super-incredibly plush bathrobe, we were ready!

Here's mommy's perspective:

Tristan had a ball! He didn't splash around in the pool as he does in the bathtub at home, but it was mostly from all the bright lights and the very colourful yellow slide (a few years until he uses it, but it's still nice to look at!) He was so comfortable in the water, I was quite impressed (but not surprised, since I was known as a little mermaid back in my days of swimming classes!) While most of the other kids clung to their moms looking uncertain, my wonderful little boy popped his bum out, spread his arms and glided like a bird in the water while I walked around the pool with him. When he wasn't smiling at me, he was staring at all the lights in the ceiling, catching glimpses of his daddy (as usual, with a camera) and the other babies (who knew there was so many people his height in this world? And all in a giant bath tub! Weird...) It was great to see Tristan's buddy Nathan, usually when he sees him he's sleeping, so this was a welcome change! For me, it was not only a great experience, but it was so wonderful to do this not only with my sister Kate and niece Mary, but with my dear friend Kristi, and Nathan. It was one of those moments where I thought "this is why having babies at the same time rocks!" Can't wait for next Friday...

Here's daddy's perspective:

I got quite a kick out of watching Tristan float around the pool with his Mommy. He seemed to have a blast but was a little distracted by all the lights. I tried most of the class to get some good pictures of him but in such a large place with the reflections off the water our little digital camera with it's built in flash was outmatched and most of the shots came out grainy and blurry or to dark to make much out. I managed a couple of good videos with the camcorder but we haven't edited them yet...

On a daddy side note:

We've now learned that Tristan does indeed dislike having his mittens on when his toys are around for him to play with. Last Thursday while mommy was driving home from visiting grandparents I got to witness him freeing one of his hands from those knitted restrictive devices with the aid of his Arch and a blanket. Afterwards, he removed the other with more vigor using his now freed hand. I think this might be a lead as to why his mittens keep ending up on the floor of the van.

Love to all,
Marcy, Will and Tristan :-)

No comments: